Monday, March 11, 2013

Lashes and Lipstick

Since my best friend Mary works for the department store Lord and Taylor I had the opportunity to attend their Spring Beauty Trend Show this past Saturday. It was alot of fun; especially if you are a bit of a girly-girl like myself. The title was "Lipsticks, lashes and lessons I've learned". It was dedicated to beauty products. They provided breakfast where a handful of company spokespeople came up and talked about trends for Spring. Everyone received a bag of samples and a makeup consultation.


These are some notes I took from the speakers about trends for spring. 
  • Serums are the "it" skincare product. Every company seemed to be pushing them.
  • Skin-correcting cremes are also big, there is an emphasis on showing off beautiful, glowing skin; not just covering up flaws. 
  • Chanel is showcasing the colors gold and coral for the season. 
Mary and I both had our make-up done at the Bobbi Brown counter. The artist did a great job of just showcasing my features and creating a natural look for me. Here's what the finished product was: 
I did end up purchasing a few things that I felt were key to re-create the look such as foundation, eye brightening concealer (which did wonders!) and the lip gloss. 
I had a great time, and can't wait for next year!
Here's Mary and I posing like we love to: 

No comments:

Post a Comment